Work with us!
Do you want to join a team of people committed to growing and preparing fresh, sustainably grown food?
We are located at The Plant in Pittsboro and are accepting applications and interviewing for a farm lead/crew position.
If desired, employees always have the option to work both on the farm and in the kitchen shop (customer facing), giving everyone the opportunity to both grow and see the food prepared. HOWEVER, we are hiring specifically for the farm right now.
We are seeking dedicated, flexible and passionate folks to join us in working hard to create a nourishing community offering. Our farm produces a wide variety of vegetables/fruits, mushrooms and cut flowers for our CSA/Farmshare, online sales and to support the on-farm restaurant.
Farming is physically demanding, dirty, and challenging. We are seeking a team member who understands that, embraces that and works as a team to produce excellent results.
Farm Crew Member- 1 full time position (40 hrs/wk)
Work in all aspects of farm operations including greenhouse production, field work from seeding/transplanting through cultivation, harvest, post-harvest and packing.
· At least one year experience working on a production farm
· Ability and willingness to work weekends & evenings if needed (transplanting often occurs in the evenings)
· Clean driving record
· Ability to work hard (even in less than ideal conditions) and maintain a good sense of communication and humor
· Ability to take and follow direction in detail (and also to give clear direction!)
· Ability and willingness to work with speed and accuracy
· Confidence to work unsupervised once trained to our practices but also the wisdom to know when to ask questions
Option to grow this position into a leadership position within the farm.
Compensation: competitive and really depends on your experience and skills/efficiency. You will also receive a CSA share each week.
If you are inspired to join our team, please submit the following to Kristin@copelandspringsfarm.com :
1. A note explaining why you want to be a part of this farm and kitchen
2. Your resume
3. Previous employer contact info (we will only reach out if both parties decide it’s a good fit)
I look forward to meeting you!